Godaddy is definitely one of the best choice when it comes to hosting. If you have access to Godaddy’s cPanel Account, you can create FTP Account within seconds. Before we tell you how to do it, let us tell you what FTP actually is.
File Transfer Protocol, also known as FTP is a communications standard by which you can move files to/from a server on the internet. FTP is commonly used to install a software to a web server or to copy files to a web server for making them available on a website or blog.
By using an FTP Client Program like Filezilla, you can easily transfer files to and from your server as if you are moving files from one folder to another on your home computer.
Creating FTP Account in Godaddy cPanel is quite an easy task and can be done quickly. Today, in this tutorial we will tell you the step by step process to Create FTP Account in Godaddy.
Steps to Create FTP Account in Godaddy through cPanel
Before we move ahead with the process of creating FTP Account in Godaddy through cpanel, make sure you have a website hosted in a Godaddy’s hosting account (Linux, Windows or selected VPS Plans) which has a cpanel account and and an already created email address. I mentioned this because some of the Hosting plans like Managed Hosting, Dedicated Hosting, and some of the VPS plans do not provide you with a cpanel account.
Let us now have a look at the step by step tutorial to create FTP Account in Godaddy through cPanel :
1) Login to your Godaddy Account and click on your Name that appears on the top right hand side or the page. After that click on My Products, which will take you to another page.
2) Click on Manage on the hosting of the Website for which you want to create FTP Account. You will now reach the cPanel Account associated with that particular hosting account.
3) Under Files tab, click on FTP Accounts.
4) Enter the following details to add FTP Account :
- Log In : Enter the FTP Login ID as desired.
- Password : Enter the Password.
- Password (Again) : Re-Enter the Password.
- Directory : Enter the directory name where you want to store all the files and folders for this particular Ftp account.
- Quota : If you want to limit the storage quota of this FTP Account you can select the Quota radio button and enter the quota required in MB. Otherwise, if you want unlimited quota, you can select the Unlimited radio button.
This is the complete process to add an FTP Account in Godaddy cPanel. If you want to know the process to take backup and restore it in Godaddy cPanel, you can do it by backup feature. Read more about the processes in the tutorials given below.
Related Tutorials :
If you are looking to know about taking backup and restoring MySQL Database through in Godaddy through PHP MyAdmin, do read the tutorials given below.