Godaddy is definitely one of the best choice when it comes to hosting. It provides its users with free unlimited Email Accounts. However, there might be a situation where you want to delete an Email Account in Godaddy. There can be multiple reasons for deleting an email account. A few of them are an employee been sacked, an employee left his job or for any miscellaneous reason. It is highly recommended to see whether the Email Account you want to delete really needs a deletion or not. Only after you are sure about it, you can follow this tutorial. Do remember that Email Account Deletion will delete all the incoming, outgoing mails and every other information on the respective mailbox.
Deleting an Email Account in Godaddy is quite an easy task and can be done quickly. Today, in this tutorial we will tell you the step by step process to delete an Email Account in Godaddy.
Steps to Delete an Email Account in Godaddy through cPanel
Before we move ahead with the process of deleting an email address in Godaddy through cpanel, make sure you have a website hosted in a Godaddy’s hosting account (Linux, Windows or selected VPS Plans) which has a cpanel account and and an already created email address. I mentioned this because some of the Hosting plans like Managed Hosting, Dedicated Hosting, and some of the VPS plans do not provide you with a cpanel account.
Let us now have a look at the step by step tutorial to delete an email account in Godaddy through cPanel :
1) Login to your Godaddy Account and click on your Name that appears on the top right hand side or the page. After that click on My Products, which will take you to another page.
2) Click on Manage on the hosting of the Website for which you want to delete an Email Account. You will now reach the cPanel Account associated with that particular hosting account.
3) Click on Email Account to proceed to start deleting Email Account(s).
4) Click on the Delete Button corresponding to the Email Account you want to delete (As shown in the picture below).5) You will be asked finally that you want to Delete the Email Account. Click on Delete to finally delete the email account. If you have any doubt or you don’t want to delete the Email Account as of now, you can click on the Cancel button. This is the complete tutorial for deleting an Email Account in Godaddy through cPanel. You might have noticed that this process to delete Email Account in Godaddy is quite easy and can be completed within seconds.
You can also browse through our other Tutorials related to Email Account(s) in Godaddy :
- How to Update Email Quota in Godaddy ?
- How to Access Webmail in Godaddy ?