Godaddy is definitely one of the best choice when it comes to hosting. It provides its users with free unlimited Email Accounts. If you have already created an Email Account in Godaddy, you might be looking to set up your Godaddy Email Account in Outlook or some other Email Client. If you do not have an Email Account, you can create an Email Account in Godaddy first and then follow this tutorial. Before we tell you more about this process, make sure you have Microsoft Outlook or any other Email Client installed on your device.
Related Article : How to Access Webmail in Godaddy ?
Setting up a Godaddy Email Account in Outlook or any Other Email Client is quite an easy task and can be done quickly. Today, in this tutorial we will tell you the step by step process to set up Godaddy email account in Outlook/Other Email Client.
Setting Up Godaddy Email Account in Outlook & Other Email Clients
Before we move ahead with the process of setting up Godaddy Email Account in Outlook or any other email client, make sure you have a website hosted in a Godaddy’s hosting account (Linux, Windows or selected VPS Plans) which has a cpanel account and and an already created email address. I mentioned this because some of the Hosting plans like Managed Hosting, Dedicated Hosting, and some of the VPS plans do not provide you with a cpanel account.
Applications & Email Clients which can be configured using in this Article are :
- Microsoft Outlook 2010® for Windows®
- Windows Live Mail®
- Microsoft Outlook 2007® for Windows®
- Microsoft Outlook 2000® for Windows®
- Microsoft Outlook Express® for Windows®
- MacOS® Mail.app® for “Pre Lion” (10.4+)
- MacOS® Mail.app® for “Lion” (10.7+)
- iOS for iPhone/iPad/iPod and MacOS® Mail.app® for Mountain Lion (10.8+)
- Mozilla Thunderbird®
- KDE Kmail
Let us now have a look at the step by step tutorial to set up Godaddy Email Account in Outlook or any other email client :
1) Login to your Godaddy Account and click on your Name that appears on the top right hand side or the page. After that click on My Products, which will take you to another page.
2) Click on Manage on the hosting of the Website for which you want to set up email account in Outlook or any other email client. You will now reach the cPanel Account associated with that particular hosting account.
3) Click on Email Account to proceed to set up Godaddy Email Account in Outlook or any other email client.
5) For auto configuration in various email clients, check out the Auto Configuration Scripts given below. Click on the link corresponding to your Email Client and follow the on screen instructions.
Note :- If you are not able to set up the Email Client by Auto Configuration, try doing it by Manual Settings mentioned in Step No. 6
You can use the automatic or manual settings given above to set up Godaddy Email Account in Outlook and other Email Clients listed above.
At any point of time, if you want to delete an email account, you can read our tutorial on how to delete an email account in Godaddy.